Melbourne Men’s Group offers regular, reliable and highly trusted Men’s Group meetings, personal growth workshops and mentoring, in addition to an active network of like minded men.
What we know is that good relationships are ‘good medicine’ – they keep us healthier and happier, period. The vulnerability and depth that exists, how safe you feel sharing, the extent to which you can relax and be seen for who you truly are, and to see another, is foundational to happiness.
Our meetings are free; open to any man of any age; and accessible. At meetings there is no ‘agenda’, no ‘presentation from an expert’, no-one trying to sell you anything and no-one trying to ‘fix’ you! Counselling and/or professional advice is not offered nor provided at meetings.
Note: contrary to the social norms most men observe, at Melbourne Men’s Group you will not be asked questions about (i) what your job is, (ii) how much money you earn, (iii) the type of car you drive or (iv) the football team you follow – that ‘currency’ has no value here.
By attending meetings, you can:
- reduce isolation by developing authentic connections
- be listened to and genuinely heard
- feel safe sharing feelings and perspectives
- speak honestly, openly and confidentially without judgement.
To the best of your ability, you speak (and listen) from the heart to share how you are feeling
- whoever holds the talking stick, holds the floor, while everyone else listens
- you can pass the talking stick along without speaking
- immediate response/feedback is not offered by other members
- counselling and/or professional advice is not offered or provided at meetings
- anything discussed within the talking circle remains completely confidential
- personal insights can be shared with other group members after the talking circle is closed.