Terms, Conditions, Agreements
Melbourne Men’s Group Inc. activities can, for some people, be physically and psychologically challenging – for the safety of all, we require that you be in good physical, mental and emotional health. In that regard, please read the following Terms and Conditions for your engagement with Melbourne Men’s Group Inc:
- You agree to take full and complete responsibility for your health, wellbeing, safety, and all that you experience while participating in an activity.
- You understand that you may choose not to participate in any part of an activity.
- You understand an activity may involve physical and non-physical exertion.
- You understand an activity is not ‘therapeutic’ nor a substitute for therapy.
- You confirm that you do not have a history of chronic mental illness (if you are under the care of a treating professional, the professional has consented to your participation in any Melbourne Men’s Group Inc. activity – you will need to provide formal evidence of consent).
- You do not demonstrate a propensity towards psychological fragility.
- You acknowledge that an Activity, as well as your participation in an activity can be terminated at the discretion of the conveners for any reason at any time.
- You agree to release and indemnify Melbourne Men’s Group Inc. and associates from any liability or claims for financial compensation for your personal well-being for the period of an activity and beyond including any personal injury or mental anguish sustained by you.
- If you intend to register for an activity (which might include breathwork/conscious connected breathing), it is recommended that you discuss any possible risks with your healthcare provider.
- You agree to NOT register for any activity if you have, or have experienced any of the following:
- Cardiovascular disease, including having experienced a heart attack and/or angina
- Severe Hypertension
- Epilepsy or Seizures
- Glaucoma or Retinal Detachment
- Recent Surgeries
- Recent Physical Injuries
- Recent Infectious/Communicable Diseases
- Psychiatric hospitalisation through mental illness
- Panic attacks and psychotic episodes
- Personal or family history of Aneurysms
- You are Pregnant or are breastfeeding
- Any condition that requires you to take strong medication
You acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by registering/attending an activity.